The start of Progressive News in North Central Washington



    We have to start somewhere. In North Central Washington there is not a real progressive voice in media. There is a progressive attitude that is often conveniently buried by good ole boys wanting to retain wealth, young guns wanting to prove themselves in a reckless toxic manner of testosterone, or even religious zealots seeking to suppress other, different people. 

    My parents met in Wenatchee. My dad out of the Navy and my mom attending Wenatchee Valley College since they didn't have a higher education opportunity in Okanogan, met one Halloween handing out candy. So I have always been around the different parts of Central Washington. Strangely it wasn't until I came back to marry my wife that I discovered things like  toxic religious groups, people mean enough to deny help to their neighbors or folks too scared to go to a taco truck. 

    It doesn't have to be as mean as it has gotten. When I had Community Patrol when I was in the service, we didn't bring our combat rifles. We had a radio to called the military police. If someone wanted to go to church, synagogue, or mosque  then we didn't hassle them over being different. Yes, the Army is that enlightened that I had Brothers in Arms that were from all backgrounds. To this day I have friends from all different backgrounds because they have the American Spirit. They allow others around them to express themselves and will pick folks off the ground when they need help.

    If you want to contribute then let me know. I am usually being busy being a dad and small business owner so any help is appreciated. We are using the facebook page to put out information. We are looking at Podcasting and Youtube as well. 


Comments

Popular Posts